Craggs Energy Standard Terms and Conditions
Craggs Energy Standard Terms and Conditions
Conditions apply to both Domestic and Commercial customers and should you have any queries or concerns with our terms and conditions then please visit our frequently asked questions page or alternatively contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01422 882 500.
www.craggsenergy.co.uk is a site operated by Craggs Energy Limited a registered company under company number 07621614 with its registered address at The Craggs Country Business Park, New Road, Cragg Vale, Hebden Bridge, HX7 5TT. Our company VAT number is 119 49 45 81.
Craggs Energy Ltd or its subsidiary Craggs Energy will not be liable for any reason if the site is unavailable at any time or for any period. Access is permitted subject to the right of Craggs Energy Ltd and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice. We nor any third parties make no representation or warranty that the operation of this website will be uninterrupted and/or error free, or that the website will be free of viruses.
www.craggsenergy.co.uk allows orders and quotes for the supply of fuel (kerosene, gas oil or diesel) and other fuel related products and services. In the majority of cases Craggs Energy Ltd will be the supplier of the fuel, through its three depots covering the North of the UK. In the event of Craggs Energy not being able to facilitate the order they may wish to engage with another partner to carry out the delivery. The partner will be made known to you on receipt of your order confirmation. Craggs Energy’s chosen partners are in written agreement to abide by the terms and conditions stated here, however if you should have any queries please consult the partner themselves and refer to their terms and conditions.
Changes to these terms
- You acknowledge you are entering into contract for the supply of goods between you and Craggs Energy. By acknowledging this you warrant that you are legally capable of entering into binding contracts, that you are at least 18 years old and a resident in the UK. By submitting your desired type of fuel, quantity and postcode you will receive a quote, should the quote meet your requirements you are then able to submit an order to confirm that purchase of fuel.
- By submitting an order you fully accept to buy fuel from us subject to our acceptance. Once accepted an email confirmation will be sent agreeing details of the agreed transaction. This will act as the Contract in reference to the agreed supply of fuel as detailed in the email confirmation. For any queries please retain the email confirmation as reference in your records.
- We will send you an email confirmation detailing the price and the estimated delivery date which acts as an order confirmation. At this point a contract is made between Craggs Energy and you, the Customer, to purchase the indicated volume of goods on the terms stated in this document.
- When placing an order you must ensure that you provide information about any special delivery conditions or requirements at the time the order is placed.
Cancelling or Amending an Order
- Should you wish to cancel an order you must contact us as soon as possible or at least by 5pm on the last working day prior to delivery.
- If an order should be cancelled for any reason then payment for all stock that we may then hold or to which we are committed is to be made in full should you fall outside of the stipulated timescales.
Title & Risk
- The liability of the goods are with you, the customer from the time of delivery (i.e at the point when the fuel leaves our vehicle, a partners vehicle or container.)
- Ownership of the fuel to you, the customer is passed when full payment is received or on delivery of the fuel whichever comes later.
- If the customer suspects the goods are damaged or not delivered as agreed with the order, you must write to tell us within 7 days of delivery or the expected delivery time. You must allow and make access available for Craggs Energy or its registered partner to inspect the goods.
Price and Payment
- Should a price be quoted to you that is in the event of an obvious error in our systems which results in an incorrect price being quoted to you, we will be entitled to cancel the order and give you the opportunity to receive an immediate refund or place an alternative order at the correct price.
- The price quoted (Unless otherwise agreed) is only valid on the day given. Prices for fuel are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect orders which we have accepted by sending an email confirmation.
- Payment for fuel must be by credit or debit card at the time of placing your order. We accept payment by MasterCard Visa or Maestro. We reserve the right to charge a surcharge on orders paid using a credit card. Surcharge rates will be shown to you before you enter any card details. Payment must be made prior to delivery.
- Delivery of the fuel will be made to the address you provide at the time of placing an order on our site. Delivery shall be made in the place or places and manner stipulated by anyone at the delivery address claiming to represent you. The customer shall be solely responsible for ensuring the delivery of fuel is made into the correct application with sufficient capacity to receive the quantity ordered with Craggs Energy.
- Delivery liability remains with the Craggs Energy registered partner carrying out the delivery. Please refer to their terms and conditions for the specific details.
- Delivery times quoted are estimated.
- in the event that the Craggs Energy partner is unable to effect delivery to the consumer by reason of the failure of the buyer to satisfy the aforesaid conditions or for any other reason (including the customer’s refusal to accept the delivery of the products or part thereof) the customer shall pay Craggs Energy a delivery charge equal to £50.00 (inc VAT) or 15% of the order value whichever is the greater.
- For all deliveries made to the customer’s premises the customer must provide safe and suitable access off a public road, and storage facilities which comply with all statutory local and other requirements applicable to the storage and handling of the products.
- In some areas of the UK where the partner for that area does not offer the Premium Fuel an additive may be provided individually which you, the Customer can add to the tank which can be combined with the standard grade of fuel delivered.
- When an Emergency Delivery (inside or outside of regular delivery hours) is required an additional Emergency Delivery Charge of up to £150 inc VAT can be applied to the order.
- If upon delivery of an "Emergency Delivery" it is identified that the Emergency Delivery was not required and the customer could have received a delivery later than they insisted a further charge of £50 inc VAT may be applied to the customers account at Craggs Energys discretion.
- Unless attributable to the negligence or misconduct of Craggs Energy or its employees then the customer shall indemnify Craggs Energy against all claims for personal injury, loss or damage to property brought against Craggs Energy by third parties arising from the business activities.
- You agree to indemnify us for any costs, claims, demands or actions raised against us in relation to environmental damage arising as a result of a breach of these terms and conditions by you or any act or omission on your part.
- All notices given by you to us must be sent to Craggs Energy, Head Office, The Craggs Country Business Park, New Road, Cragg Vale, Hebden Bridge, HX7 5TT, West Yorkshire.
- If any of these terms and conditions is determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term, condition or provision will to that extent be severed from the remaining terms and conditions which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Return of Goods
- Craggs Energy shall accept the return of goods only by prior agreement confirmed in writing, on agreed payment of a handling charge (unless the goods were agreed to be damaged when delivered) and where the goods are as fit on their return as they were on original delivery.
- Should the order quantity amount be different to the actual available capacity in the customers tank and the volume of oil that was able to be delivered by Craggs Energy or one of its partners, then Craggs Energy will instruct a refund to the card that was used at the point of order.
- Craggs Energy will not be liable for any failure, delay or disruption to its obligations if so prevented or hindered by circumstances of any kind whatsoever outside Craggs Energy’s control. Subject to this Craggs Energy and its registered partners may cancel or suspend any of its obligations to you without liability. (Examples such as war, accident, explosion, terrorism, flood or fire etc).
Intellectual Property Rights
- We are the owner of all intellectual property rights in our site and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. Visitors to the site must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so.
- We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
- Whilst our site is updated regularly we need time to do this so we may suspend access to our site. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time and we are under no obligation to update such material.
- If you create an account with a password as part of our account creation security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party. We also hold the right to disable any accounts if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any provision.
Misuse of site
- Any form of misuse of site such as introducing malicious or technologically harmful acts will be a breach and constitute as a criminal offence act under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. Your right to access our site in this circumstance will be immediately revoked.
- You must not establish or frame a link from any website that is not owned by you.
- All conditions shall be determined in accordance with English Law.
Accessing the site
- You are responsible for ensuring all persons visiting craggsenergy.co.uk through your internet connection are aware of these terms and conditions and that they comply with them.
- We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the services or goods provided through craggsenergy.co.uk at any time without notice.